The original house was a Californian Bungalow built in 1918. In the 50's an unsympathetic extension and a canary yellow palette was applied to the house. This project stripped back the 50's extension and constructed a new open plan living area opening on to the yard as well as redressing the exterior of the house.
A new kitchen, dining and living area were constructed with large cedar stacking doors to open out to the new outdoor entertaining area. The existing bathroom was refurbished and a new ensuite to the master bedroom built.